Thomas John Barklage
- Missouri, 1975
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Missouri
- U.S. Tax Court
- St. Louis University, J.D.
Associations & memberships
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- St. Charles County and St. Louis County Bar Associations
- The Missouri Bar (Chairman, Legislative Committee, 1985 – 1988)
- Estate Planning Council of St. Louis
- BV® Distinguished Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® for professionalism and ethics.
- Pi Omicrom Sigma; Sigma Rho Sigma; Pi Sigma Alpha; Order of Woolsack
- Member: State Representative, District 52, 1979 – 1981; District 19, 1981-1984, Missouri House of Representatives by Special Election, 1979, reelected, 1980 and 1982
- Member, Missouri State Highway and Transportation Commission, 1989 – 1995
- President, Board of Trustees, St. Charles County Land Trust, Inc., 1998 – 2005
Thomas John Barklage received an undergraduate degree in Political Science from the University of Missouri-Columbia in 1972 and his law degree (cum laude) from St. Louis University in 1975 and has been engaged in the private practice of law since that time. A lifelong resident of St. Charles, Mr. Barklage dedicated many years to public service as an elected member of the Missouri House of Representatives. Mr. Barklage was instrumental in creating and modifying and amending many of the laws that govern probate estates, trust administration and guardianship/conservatorship estates in the state of Missouri. Mr. Barklage served six years as a member of the Missouri State Highway and Transportation Commission, while concurrently serving as Vice-Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Highway Department and Highway Patrol Retirement System, including duty as Chairman of the System’s Investment Committee.
Mr. Barklage is a member of the Estate Planning Council of St. Louis. Mr. Barklage was the founder of the St. Charles County Land Trust, an organization solely dedicated to preserving green space in St. Charles County, Missouri. In addition, he is a member of the Probate and Trust and Eminent Domain Committees of the Missouri Bar, and served several years as the Chairman of the Missouri Bar Legislation Committee. Additionally, he has devoted additional time in other areas of public service on several other committees, including the Missouri State Juvenile Justice Advisory Group of the Missouri Department of Public Safety (1981 – 1990) and the Governor’s Crime Commission. Mr. Barklage has also served as a member of the Board of Directors of several banks and other corporations and is a member of the St. Charles Chamber of Commerce and St. Peters Chamber of Commerce. He has also recently joined the Board of Community Living, Inc., an organization devoted to service to handicapped, disabled and incapacitated individuals.