Cort MacBeth Smith
Email: [email protected]
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Special Needs Planning and Elder Law
- Trusts and Probate Administration
- Wills, Trusts and Powers of Attorney
- Limited Liability Companies
- Guardianships and Conservatorships, Adult and Minor
- Missouri, 2007
- University of Missouri – Kansas, 2007
Associations and Memberships
- St. Charles County Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- National Association of Elder Law Attorneys
- Greater St. Charles County Chamber of Commerce
- Advisory Board of Community Living Inc.
- Vice-Chair Greater St. Charles County Chamber of Commerce Young Professionals, 2012
- Board Member, Missouri Chapter of National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, 2012 – 13
- Member, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
Cort MacBeth Smith graduated with honors in 2003 from the University of Missouri-Columbia, where he studied Philosophy and Biology. He was very active on the Mizzou campus, where he developed many skills as a member of the Outreach Student Recruitment Team, the Alumni Association Student Board, Summer Welcome and the Kappa Alpha Fraternity. Mr. Smith obtained his law degree from the University of Missouri-Kansas City in 2007. During law school, Mr. Smith’s emphasis included the fields of estate planning, property, and constitutional law. He was selected to the editorial staff of the Urban Lawyer Law Review and was the recipient of the 2007 Estate Planning Symposium Prize for his research and paper on Discovery of Estate Assets. Mr. Smith is very active in St. Charles and proud of his family’s heritage in this historic city. He is an advocate for historic preservation and conservation in and around St. Charles. A recipient of the American Legion Eagle Scout of the Year Award in 1997, Mr. Smith remains a strong supporter of local Boy Scout troops.
Outside of his law practice, Mr. Smith has a profound interest in science and history. He is an avid outdoorsman and regularly backpacks throughout the United States, including treks to the Smokey, Appalachian, Rocky and Yosemite mountain ranges and National Parks. Furthermore, Mr. Smith is a fan of St. Charles and St. Louis sports and local music.